4.18.2010

Song for the Sabbath

I heard Steven Curtis Chapman in concert last night, (thanks to some very generous friends!), and it was a treat as always.  I love his honest music and incredible heart for God, which has been tested and strengthened by the devastating loss of his 5 year old daughter Maria Sue, almost 2 years ago.  He talked a lot about the strength they have had to draw from God as well as the comfort they have found from the hope and assurance that they will one day dance with her again.  They have an incredible adoption story and a foundation that helps others along the journey of adoption.  God has grown a huge place in my heart for this hopefully to be part of our family's story one day too.  He wrote the sweetest song about the experience for children who long to be loved and received into a forever family called "When Love Takes You In."

  
Awhile back I talked about his song, "Be Still and Know," as being one of my absolute favorites to bring me to a place of peaceful surrender and worship, and to remind me how very powerful God's love is for me.  I hope you have a sweet Sunday today, and at some point you have an opportunity to be still and know his love for you too.

No comments: