2.23.2010

Friends and Fruit Pizza

Tonight, after having the last two weeks cancelled due to snow, my bible study finally met again.  I so enjoy studying the Bible with a group of other somewhat newly married women who are seeking after God.  It was so nice to be together again.  And let me tell you, Priscilla laid it down.  This week's message from Discerning the Voice of God was about the character of God and how He longs for us to know Him fully and intimately.  It certainly started a million thoughts and feelings swirling in my mind and heart that I am bursting to share in the very near future!  Until then, consider this:  Who has your heart, and what are you seeking?

It was my night to contribute dessert as part of the bible study refreshments, (because when girls gather there must be food!), so here is the recipe for the yummy fruit pizza I made.  It's adapted from looking up all kinds of different versions on allrecipes.com.  Simple, quick, and definitely delicious!  Enjoy!


Ingredients:

16 oz pkg. of sugar cookie dough (or make your own!)
8 oz. of cream cheese
1 jar of marshmallow fluff (or 1/3 cup of sugar)
1 tsp. vanilla
Assorted fruit (I used strawberries, kiwis, and blueberries)
Dark chocolate (optional)


First, spread the dough onto an ungreased round cookie sheet.  It will seem thin, but it will puff up!  Bake this at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes.  It will get lightly brown on the outside, but don't let it get too brown on the inside!  When it comes out, let it cool completely on a rack.


Next, when the cookie is cooled, blend together softened cream cheese, marshmallow fluff OR 1/3 cup of sugar, and 1 tsp. of vanilla.  Spread this on the pizza.




Then cut the fruit into thin slices.  Other fruits that are good for this are pineapple, mandarin oranges, or grapes.


Finally, arrange the fruit however you would like.  That's it - super simple!





You can also shave chocolate or drizzle melted chocolate over the top for a bonus treat.  This dessert is Kevin and bible study approved, and it's as much fun to make as it is to eat - hope you love it!

2 comments:

Kevin Russell said...

One of my favorites! Thanks for saving me a piece babe, I love you Beautiful! Kevin

cait said...

Oh looks yummy! Prettiest dessert pizza I've seen! :) I'm catching up on blog reading too! Hope you enjoyed your snow day...so random!