We had fun and are thankful for the fabulously generous gifts from the family, (like a super-cute purse, pedicure, clothes, and gift cards - yay!), after we enjoyed a yummy lunch. I thought I'd share a couple recipes with you today.
Chicken Noodle Soup
Baked mini ham and cheese sandwiches
Chips and french onion dip (I'm a big fan of this combo!)
The soup was provided by Progresso, :) and definitely lived up to the commercials about "grandma's recipe!"
My mom gave me the recipe for the sandwiches, which we enjoyed for our New Year's eve party when I was home. There are a couple different variations, but I love this one! They are so easy and delicious!
2 packages of Hawaiian rolls
2 packages of deli ham (I used honey ham and brown sugar ham)
2 packages of swiss cheese
1 and 1/2 Tbsp. poppyseeds
1 and 1/2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. chopped/minced dried onions
1 and 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
3/4 cup butter
1. Cut the rolls in half and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, combine all remaining ingredients EXCEPT ham and cheese, and cook over med. low to med. until it comes to a boil.
3. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4. Layer ham and cheese on the rolls, but do not put tops back on yet.
5. Using a pastry brush, generously coat ham and cheese with butter mixture.
6. Place tops back on the rolls, then generously brush the rest of the mixture on top.
7. Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes.
These are a party favorite for sure!
I also made a Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pizza for dessert, because Kevin loves chocolate chip cookies, and when you add peanut butter it becomes a quick favorite! I found an awesome recipe on pillsbury.com, which by the way, is filled with great ideas for entertaining. I've also made the Rocky Road Cookie Pizza, which is definitely my favorite!
Click here to find the recipe for this delicious dessert!
Happy Monday to you! I'm hoping to stretch my "miscellany" out this week into a few more posts!