My super cute new diaper bag!!
My lovely mom - Nana to be! (This is her 3rd grandbaby)
My lovely friends - thanks girls!!!
2. Speaking of 3rd trimester....I had my 28 week glucose/blood test Friday. Someone called from the office and confirmed while I don't have gestational diabetes - (yay!!!), I am in fact anemic! Not a surprise to me, (or Kevin for that matter), as lately it's felt like all I say is "I'm tired." I have been much less than productive. Turns out little Love has been taking all that iron I need. So I'm officially on a supplement, and hopefully on my way to having more energy. I guess I'm not surprised because I really don't eat that much meat. Chicken is less than attractive to me most of the time, and I've never really been a big fan of red meat. Though Kevin has informed me he will be bringing home steaks tonight! Ha ha. I'm very thankful that this has been the first bump in a very healthy pregnancy!
3. Home sweet home. We're definitely going to have one...right around the time when the baby comes! Might sound crazy to most, but to me it's another example of God's perfect timing and knowing what we can handle. We found an awesome place to rent, but as of right now it won't be available until the first week in September. I just might be the only woman pregnant in the summer that prays to go late! (My due date is August 31st) However, prayer is powerful...so maybe between our families and all you wonderful bloggy friends we can pray that place into availability a bit sooner. ;) Honestly, I'm just so thankful that after what will be about 8 or 9 months of nomading it, we will get our stuff out of storage and have a place to call home again! What a wild ride this has been...and will forever make a GREAT story!
4. Dog sitting. This week we get to take a break from the charming yet ovenless/washer-dryerless log cabin as we are house/dog sitting for our friends. It is a JOY let me tell you. They have a beautiful home with a cute backyard...and for better or worse, 2 t.v's. Keep in mind, that's 2 more than Kevin and I have had in a long time. Last night as I was watching Food Network Star and he was watching the NBA Finals, (it was weird to be home and apart!), I realized how blessed we are to be in the stage of life we are in - living in small spaces without a whole lot of extraneous entertainment apart from each other. I am sure it has caused us to spend so much more quality time together - and I am thankful for that!
Speaking of dogs, how cute is my God-seeking little fella?! :)
5. Cloth diapers...I'm diving in. I wasn't going to go public with my desire to do this in order to avoid the naysayers and scoffers...but the wonderful world-wide blogging world has boosted my confidence and even got me excited about this little (or big!) endeavor I'd like to try. Kevin has been awesome about saying he will be supportive to try whatever I feel passionate about, and I've told him I don't want to be afraid to do hard things. We both agree if it doesn't work it doesn't work - but I really want to try. So I have been doing all kinds of research this weekend and I feel pretty excited about trying a few different kinds. We definitely want to ease into it, (a.k.a. maybe not start the first few weeks...remember, I don't know exactly what I'm doing! :), and it seems like everyone has to find what works for them through a little trial and error. I also think I want to try a combination of those with disposable inserts, and those with all-in-one cloth inserts. The only thing I think I'm pretty for sure about is that I don't want to stuff too many pockets. So far I'm most excited to try Bum Genius Elemental All in ones, Best Bottoms One Size, Rumparoos G2 One Size, and g diapers. Any thoughts or opinions?? I have watched several videos, seen some in stores, and read many blogs. I've never heard anyone not love the Bum Genius ones, but I'm most intrigued by the Best Bottoms and Rumparoos for their user-friendliness, versatility, materials, and leg gussets (good for holding in messes!). The g diapers (and best bottoms!) sound good for travel or away from home situations. Please share your opinions! (but please no scoffing :)
6. Next on my reading list. I have great respect for Kelly Minter. She writes great Bible studies, seems extremely down to earth, and is completely relatable. She has recently written a book called The Fitting Room, and it's the next thing I want to read this summer. It's all about putting on the character of Christ. The ladies in the "bloom" book club on the website (in)courage are studying this book throughout the summer, (though I'm kind of missing that!). If you're looking for something challenging and inspirational to read, maybe check it out!
7. Sweet peace in pregnancy. I am content and determined to savor and enjoy these last few months of pregnancy. For whatever reason, maybe because I've struggled to be comfortable in my own skin at other times of life, I love having this baby growing inside me. My pregnant body feels purposeful and it's empowering in crazy ways. I feel so much freedom in knowing how healthy it is for my body to grow and expand right now. It is so much fun to feel my sweet Baby Love kicking and flipping and exploring so actively inside me. While I'm sure it can't compare to holding this baby in my arms, I never want to forget what sweet moments we've shared together while he/she grows inside me. Even yesterday at church I felt a little emotional during worship when I saw a woman leading who has been pregnant but recently had her baby. It might sound weird, but it put into perspective for me what it must be like to have such an intimate experience with your baby inside of you where there is not yet separation, then having to trust and release for the rest of your life as your baby grows and isn't always with you. Very powerful. Whew...God is going to teach me A LOT through this baby!!!
That's my miscellany for today if you made it through! Here's to another week of wonderful summer!