Other fun facts about this past week:
* I had the unique opportunity of traveling to Naples, FL last week to teach my student. Wow. It was so incredibly and overwhelmingly beautiful. I am so thankful that God so graciously poured out quite the pregnancy hug! After being sick in this cold, wet weather, it was refreshing and awesome to sit on the beach, read my Bible, and pray. So powerful for me right now. There is so much God is teaching me, and I am just aching to share it with you all!
* This is the 8th week Kevin and I have spent living with the couple from church, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. They have been so gracious and such an unbelievable blessing to us during this time. While we are growing anxious to get into our own place, we trust that God's timing will be perfect. (Preferably before the baby. ha ha.) We are excited about a new opportunity that has presented itself, and we'll be temporarily relocating to the cutest log cabin soon. I can't wait to show you a pic. This is real life Little House on the Prairie people! Definitely time to get that sewing machine out of storage!
* Yesterday I was 13 weeks!!! How exciting! I know I haven't been blogging, but I've been watching that little ticker thing up in the corner add up the days! Sometimes I am just in shock and say out loud, "I'm having a baby!!" Last week when Kevin and I were apart, (boo!), we both had moments of surreal realization. We are so very thrilled dreaming about life with a new addition. We are also trying to be very intentional about loving the time we have alone together. Other baby fun facts:
- I haven't gotten really sick since that flu catastrophe.
- I'm still healing from a cracked rib. Ouch. Sneezing and coughing are huge pain causers.
- My nauseousness sometimes feels like it's lessening (especially when I
was in sunny Florida!), but it still lingers and I'm not exactly back to being a food fan yet.
-That said, I do get sudden spontaneous cravings - like pears. I could eat two at a time.
Fruit is really the only thing that ever sounds good.
Before the flu it was salad with poppyseed dressing, swiss cheese, apples, and cranberries.
Also ores and milk products.
It is a struggle to eat any kind of chicken or meat. Ugh.
-I do have a little belly sticking out. (Not that I didn't before the pregnancy! :)
I promise I am getting my act together and will start
posting prego pics soon. But I'll most likely be in yoga pants. :)
-We are not planning to find out what we
are having! We are looking forward to experiencing the joy of surprise.
Also, we have name ideas that we've had for a long time, but are praying
a lot about it and unfortunately won't reveal until there's a little face to go with it!
That's about it for now. Sorry again for a picture-less post! Seriously thank you again for your kind and sweet words of encouragement - you all have blessed my heart so much already in this process!!