1. My first giveaway! Thank you, THANK YOU for being so supportive and encouraging of me on this little blog of mine. I am so excited to have some lovely new followers. I sincerely love the opportunity to encourage and be encouraged by people I have never met in person, but whose hearts I can totally relate to. This little piece of the world-wide-web has blessed me with moments of sweet joy. I set a goal to have my first giveaway when I reached 50 followers, and thanks to the lovely Laura from Just For Love, I reached this goal yesterday! So here's what I'm giving away:
Max Lucado's Out Live Your Life
This book is crazy good. A "full of powerful truth, gets you in the gut, calls you to action" kind of good. All the proceeds go to World Vision, an organization that also sponsors and supports those around the world who need it most. Each chapter of this book gets more and more convicting, calling us to live out the lives Jesus called us to, so in essence we grasp the opportunity to "out live our lives," or do something beyond our own personal, temporary desires and gains. He highlights the joy and fruit of living for God's glory, rather than our own. I am reading it, and would love for you to read along!! Watch a video of the vision of this book here.
And, just for fun, the other part of this giveaway is one of my headband creations, in whatever color you would like!
Please be a follower to participate...I love blog-world friends! :)
3 ways to enter -
1. Leave a comment telling me the most recent thing you've read, heard or done that's challenged you to change the way you live your life.
2. Leave a comment telling me what headband you like best so far.
3. Blog about this giveaway and leave a comment telling me you did.
(You can do one or all three, depending on how many times you would like to be entered; each comment is a separate entry!)
The winner will be randomly selected and announced on Wednesday, October 20th.
2. Sweet Saturday. Last week I answered some "tag" questions about my perfect Saturday. Well, this past one was pretty great. After I slept in for a bit, Kevin and I loaded up Chai, our Bibles, a handful of books and headed down the road to a cute little cafe that is relatively new to the area. We have never been there before, but it has a good chance of becoming our new favorite place. After some reading, studying, drinking tea, and enjoying the most fabulous lunch, we walked to a close by walking trail and enjoyed a hike in the sunshine. What a relaxing and fun Fall day we had! "No make-up" days are the best.
(Kevin, trying to look pensive. It's working for you babe.)
Mine was a roasted vegetable sandwich with goat cheese, asparagus, portabella mushrooms and roasted red peppers - Yum!
3. Baby boy necessity? I recently mentioned I have a new nephew, and I am thinking it might be cute to order some "pee-pee tee pees" for them, as this is their first boy. But what do I know...have any of you ever tried these cute little contraptions, or are they not really practical? It seems like a good idea...
PPTP on Etsy - On sale for $4.00!
Sprinkler Covers from This and That Etc. on Etsy - $14.00
4. Ten Kids, No Pets. If you are looking for a fun read-aloud, I love "Ten Kids, No Pets," my most favorite and memorable story that my fourth grade teacher Mrs. Escott read to our class. was so excited to come across it at the library last week and start reading it to my student. Such a cute story. Of course Ann M. Martin has a special place in my heart, as I'm pretty sure I read every single "Babysitter's Club" book she wrote! (I was an official "club member".) :) Oh the joys of childhood!
5. I have only had one latte from Starbucks in the last week!! I am, however, drowning myself in green tea. Espresso, I love you...but I have to learn to live without you.
Happy Miscellany Monday to you!!