9.08.2010

Family Fun - Part 2

Continuing on with my weekend fun....

Saturday night I drove up to the home of a friend who I haven't seen in way too long, and we had the best time eating and chatting with a beautiful group of gals who I was once in a Bible Study with in Cincinnati.  That was definitely a sweet time of life for all of us, even more so since we are each now in very different seasons of our lives.  I am so thankful for friends that you can pick up right where you left off with.  Many of them have the cutest little ones now, so it was fun to spend some time with them too.  And thank you to Stacy for her awesome hospitality and delicious meal!  The only bummer part is that I forgot to take photos!

Sunday I spent more time with my Grandma and Don, and we had a great time trying out Bacon-Wrapped Green Bean Bundles that she found on Our Best Bites.  They were so much fun to make, and the result was fabulous!




My grandma sent them home with me to be enjoyed by my family, who came to visit Kevin and I for Labor Day.  They received rave reviews by everyone...great idea Grandma!



Besides enjoying the green beans, it was also so nice to have my mom, dad, and older brother spend time with us for the holiday.  We especially enjoyed playing Euchre, a favorite Indiana card game...I'm struggling to find anyone in KY who knows how to play!  I am a little partial, considering I won - possibly the first time ever!  We also hung out by the pool, and my dad and brother brought a couple new fun games.  One was a cornhole type game with a little box that is much tougher than it looks!  Reminded me of my failed attempts to bowl as a child.


The other game was called "Big Birdie Golf," also a bit challenging, but quite creative.  I forgot to take a picture of it, (by no means do I live on the beach! :) ), but I found this on the website.  It's like a cross between badminton and golf. 


Trust me, if you don't golf, it's difficult.  But I'm a pretty big fan of badminton!  I found myself throwing the birdies rather than hitting them.  Oh well!  I hope all of you who read my blog had a restful weekend with family and friends as well.  Thank you to my family for making it special for me!

No comments: