3.06.2010

Red Love

My favorite time of day lately has been in the afternoon when I am able to come home from work at a decent hour to a quiet apartment, be greeted by my sweet little Chai, make some coffee, then sit down on my favorite spot on the couch to read my Bible.  I take a deep breath and just soak up the peace and quiet for a moment.  One of the things I have come to appreciate while I'm reflecting on my day and God's word is the view from here.  I have come to love looking out the window at the quiet corn field, and I have also come to find great comfort in the glimpses of "red love" all around me.  Here are a few examples.


         First, there's the teapot.  Oh how I love this teapot!  I am so excited about it this whole post was inspired from this cute little thing.  Let me give you some background.  I have wanted a red teapot forever.  I love tea, and my mom always had a teapot on the stove, especially in the cold months, ready and waiting to warm up water for hot chocolate.  I registered for one at the time of my wedding, but did not receive it.  Of course we had Bed, Bath, and Beyond gift cards that we could use for me to purchase the one I had chosen, but that was just the problem.  Now I couldn't decide which one to get!  And we have been married for almost 16 months! There are just too many cute and different red teapots!  My indecisiveness seems to have reached its limit.

So a couple weeks ago I was making tea at Bible Study and this conversation came up.  My so sweet sister-in-law Gina said, "Oh, I have two red teapots that I'm not using and I would be happy to give you one."  Needless to say, I was so excited!  I would have a teapot and wouldn't even have to choose it!  Thank you Gina!  It makes me so happy just sitting there, every time I walk by it!  She also threw in this super cute dog treat canister as a bonus!  Major love! :)




     Then there is my beloved KitchenAid mixer.  Oh, how I love this mixer!  I am a long time baker, and always had the luxury of using my mom's KitchenAid mixer while I was growing up.  She trained me well on the fact that this was any cook's best choice of equipment.  So I was incredibly excited when I graduated from college and she gave me this mixer as a gift.  What an awesome gift.  Thank you for this bit of love mom.  It has been faithful for 6 and 1/2 years, and I look forward to its faithfulness for many years to come.  I will continue to try to use it to share my own love!


     Next there is this great print hanging in our kitchen that is in my perfect view from where I sit on the couch.  This was a wedding gift from our registry at Target, and remains one of my favorites. Unfortunately, it is the one gift that did not have a tag on it and I still don't know who it came from or whose card it belonged to!  If it was you, thank you!  I would love to tell you how much I love it!

The view from here:




     Finally, there's this.  It's a great piece of art that Kevin and I bought at Home Goods in Cincinnati.  It's the first piece of art we have purchased together.  I absolutely love paintings or natural scenes, especially trees with color.  It is so calming and inspiring to me, and this hangs right in front of me from where I sit when I study my Bible.  I love to look at it when I'm thinking and pondering God's word.  Good purchase Honey!  I'm so glad we were finally able to commit!

My view:



Here's to appreciating the "love" you feel when you look around your own home!

No comments: