1.14.2010

You Will Come Forth As Gold

10 But He knows the way that I take;
When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.

11 My foot has held fast to His steps;
I have kept His way and not turned aside.

12 I have not departed from the commandment of His lips;
I have treasured the words of His mouth
More than my necessary food."

Job 23:10-12

Do you know how gold is made? The goldsmith takes the elements of gold that have been extracted from another material and "refines" or heats them until they are pure. Essentially, the goldsmith puts the gold in the fire over and over until it is so pure that its reflective properties allow him to see his face in it.

This is probably my favorite analogy God uses in the entire Bible, because it brings me so much comfort on days like today. I know He is refining me. He is allowing me to go through the fire because He loves me so much and at the end of it all, whenever that may be, He wants to see His face reflected fully and purely in me. I want that so much too. So much that I'll surrender what I want for what He wants. I cannot see Him, but I believe in Him. I do not understand His ways, but I choose to trust Him.

How is God refining you today? Please, choose to trust Him. He knows the way that you take; that you closely follow His steps, and obey His commands, yet still don't understand the fire you may be walking through or the flames you may be enduring. He loves you, He knows you, He desires you, and He will get you through this. Treasure Him, treasure His word. He treasures you...and you will come forth as gold.

No comments: