1.15.2010

All Who Are Weary...

It's the weekend...and I am so tired. Kevin and I are on the couch saying things like, "Please stop talking. I have a headache." And, "Quit moving - it's annoying." We are exhausted. And exhaustion around here often equals irritability. Eventually we laugh at the fact that we are staying up trying to make life exciting in an effort to appreciate and make the most of pre-kid Fridays. One day, God willing, we won't have the luxury of sitting around and wondering what to do. One day I hope we'll be feeding and rocking and burping and loving. So today I'll be thankful. And I'll realize the opportunity to go to sleep by choice- at 9:00. Knowing the sooner I go to bed...the sooner I get to experience the thrill of sleeping in.

I wonder if God loves it when we sleep. When we aren't fighting or striving, worrying, trying to understand, or feeling any pain, completely surrendered. I wonder if He just enjoys loving on and breathing life into His weary children, restoring our tired bodies and renewing us for another day. It seems so peaceful to think about. Especially after a week like this week. "Restore us, renew us, and watch over us as we sleep dear Jesus. Please comfort, heal, and love on the people in Haiti. Draw them into a relationship with you. Thank you for another day."



"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

See you tomorrow....whenever I get up.

2 comments:

cait said...

Justin and I read this together....what a wonderful thought right before going to bed. Purely exhausted in this household as well. Enjoy your weekend!

Lori said...

love this Page - I love seeing how God "writes" through you.